Our Family 2014

Our Family 2014

Friday, February 28, 2014

Dossier Submitted!!

At last! Our dossier was successfully submitted!

Again we were told the average travel date is 3 months from submission with 3-4 weeks notice. That would put me there just about at the time of their emergency presidential elections. Kind of scary. I don't want to be in the capitol city for a revolution (prayerfully that won't even happen though). And I don't want to get stuck in country nor do I want to meet and fall in love with a child and then have everything shutdown and not be able to adopt. I am trusting God and all these things have always been a possibility with every adoption we've been through in this country. But I am really wanting to be done with my appointment in the capitol city before elections. I will, however, pray for God's perfect timing, because only He knows what is in store for all of us.

In the meantime, I will be praying favor over our dossier registration. A new friend in the adoption community recently had to resubmit her dossier with additional documents after having been submitted weeks earlier. It took 3 weeks before she found out that her dossier was rejected rather than registered.  Prayerfully things will move quickly and smoothly for her from here on out and ours will be accepted on out first attempt.

So...who wants to travel with me? I'd offer to cover your expenses but at this point I can't even say I will be able to cover my own. Oy!

It's a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment