Our Family 2014

Our Family 2014

Saturday, February 15, 2014

The Little Engine That Could...

I feel like the Little Engine That Could! Seriously! Trying to get the paperwork right and in the hands of my facilitator has been nothing short of a challenge. I am just not on my A game this time around as I have never had these troubles in the past. Thankfully, everything should be good to go now!

Earlier this week we got our final revised documents back from the Secretary of State office with apostilles. Knowing that a winter storm was coming we rushed out to try and have them mailed before we really got hit...but everything was closed! No DHL! :( So instead of having them in the mail on Tuesday we had to wait until Friday. The good news is they are on their way and are scheduled to be delivered on Monday! Everything has been scanned, reviewed, and is being translated in the meantime.

Here is our predicted timeline (estimates of course):


Submission the following Thursday (10 days after it is received)
1 month until department acceptance
1 month until travel invitation
1 month until travel


If this was an exact science (which it is NOT) that would put me traveling the first week in June. In general, I tend to assume that the few weeks prior to that as well as the next few weeks following that are likely fair game for travel.

I am going to update our funds tracker in the sidebar but it's not very encouraging. We have had some unexpected expenses (if you are adopting, you can count on this happening during that time) and had to make some adjustments to the spreadsheet of predicted costs for the 2nd child (I'm really hoping for brothers). I keep reminding myself that in the past God has provided AS WE NEEDED IT, particularly our last adoption. I need to stop guessing how it will possibly work out because it has NEVER worked out as I pictured in my mind.

So we have what we need for today and I'm trusting God for the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment