Our Family 2014

Our Family 2014

Monday, February 3, 2014

What Is Going On?

Well, as I said in my last post I mailed those documents but guess what...the homestudy needs more fixed! Can you believe that because BOTH my husband and I are recommended and approved to adopt it could be a problem? Yeah, it needs to just say me on the last piece since I am adopting as a "married single." Long story to explain why this was not caught earlier but I blame no one, instead am grateful that things are being checked and rechecked. 

So I found this out 2 days before surgery but then another delay! Apparently the adoption section of the government is becoming very particular about listing very specifically any special needs willing to be accepted and are approved for. While this is pretty recent so cannot yet say how consistent of an issue this will be it sure is a good time to make sure we cover all the bases. I got this long list of ICD-10 codes and their descriptions (in a foreign language!) of diagnosis that would make a child under the age of 5 eligible for adoption. Not only  was it 5 pages long in size 5.5 font in a foreign language but I got it post surgery!! I'm being drugged!

I had surgery on Wednesday and appear to be one of the miraculous not so horrific cases HOWEVER that requires me to stay on the prescribed meds and not miss a dose or I really hurt and have a hard time getting a hold on things again. When it hurts it feels like a bad case of Strep and a double ear infection. When I'm on the meds as prescribed the pain is quite minimal BUT I feel drugged...because I am. So if this post seems "off" that is why, my brain has been mush and that's been the hardest part of this recovery period. 

In any case, today I pushed through and withheld half a dose of meds to try and get through this list of diagnosis to look each one up (thankfully a friend had the list in English for me to use). So I have completed it and sent a draft of the recommendation to my social worker and facilitator to take a look at for updating. Hopefully we will get the green light so we can  move forward. It is hard feeling feeling like we are at a stand still when I so badly want to meet and bring home our boy(s). 

Lastly, the other family pursuing the little boy on my heart for over a year is there now and appears to be following through. I am praying for all of them through this and hope that it is best for all. While I would still adopt him in a heartbeat if given the opportunity it is a bit exciting to think that there is a higher likelihood of us adopting siblings if we do not pursue a "single" child. What will they be like? I am dying to know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment