Our Family 2014

Our Family 2014

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Getting Closer!

I don't have a whole lot to report except some wonderful news that our dossier made it safely to our facilitator (and friend) last Thursday! Since I have been sending over scans of the documents for translation I expect it shouldn't be too long before it will be ready to be submitted. It's very exciting!

Also, for those that are not connected with me on Facebook, I have to share how God has provided a portion of our funds in an unexpected way. Well, I had estimated the cost to mail our dossier overseas would be roughly $120, but then a friend was able to help me get it there with the chaperones of the host program traveling back. So instead of the $120 to mail it overseas, we spent $69 to Fed Ex it overnight to my friend BUT THEN Fed Ex delivered it 11 minutes after the guarenteed delivery time I paid for! Had I shipped it using an online label I would have had my FULL refund but I used a third party shipping service center. In order togget the refund they need to file a claim and get back to me. However, according to Fed Ex and their policy, I am due a FULL REFUND. So that's $120 of adoption cost I did not have to spend...and I look at it like we just received a $120 donation. :) Isn't God awesome! It's little things like this that He does over and over, in a variety of ways that help cover many costs with each adoption. I love it!

With the adoption center just reopening after the holidays it is not clear how long it will be before we travel. My best guess would be early May but I'm starting to think that April is a possibility...which is a little scary. It's scary because I hadn't mentally prepared myself to travel that soon and scary because we don't have the funds and they are nowhere in sight. One thing I always have to remind myslef with each adoption, "God is the one calling us. He has already chosen these children. He knows we cannot go if He does not provide."

On a completely sepetste note, we have postponed Peanut's surgery until September. We are trying a different approach to her physical therapy and have put her back on the colloidal minerals, which we had great results with previously. I have peace about this decision and look forward to seeing how God will work in her and through these next few months.

I will be sure to post once our dossier is submitted.

No comments:

Post a Comment