Our Family 2014

Our Family 2014

Friday, April 25, 2014

Today is the day!

Today I am on my way! I am over the top excited and cannot wait to meet our boys. I still do not know what part of the country my children are in or even who they are but my heart is really set on 2 BROTHERS. I keep telling myself that I need to remain open to God's will, which may be just ONE, but I have to admit that adopting just one would feel strange. I just believe there are 2. Time will tell.

There is still a sibling group of brothers I have seen advocated for that I would love to adopt. I have ZERO information on them but know that if it is God's will their profiles will be placed before me when I am there. And if so, I REALLY hope they are not in any of the regions that have increased pro-Russian activity going on right now. That would mess with my head because I am REALLY wanting to avoid those places right now.
 
If you would, please continue to pray for God's provision (as you can see on our sidebar we still have a ways to go...and very little time to get there), Godly wisdom and obedience, and  peace & protection over me and my family that will be remaining at home.

I will try to post updates on here throughout my trip but mostly I will be posting privately to friends and family, though I would hope to later copy/paste most of it here to share with you...it just might not be in real time.

Below I have copied some scriptures off of a friend's Facebook wall. I think these are beautiful and powerful. What a wonderful reminder of the amazing God we serve!


 

(Deuteronomy 33:12) I will cover you all day long as you rest between My shoulders.

(Isaiah 65:24) Before you even call out to Me, I will answer you.

(James 1:17) Every good gift that you receive comes directly from My hand.

(James 4:8) Come close to Me and I will come close to you.

(Colossians 3:23) Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters.

(Psalms 86:11-12) Teach me your way, Lord,
that I may rely on your faithfulness;
give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.
I will praise you, Lord my God, with all my heart;
I will glorify your name forever.

(Hebrews 13:5-6) For He Himself has said, I will never leave you nor forsake you. So we may boldly say: The LORD is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?

(Psalms 37:3-7) Trust in the LORD and do good. Dwell in the land and feed on His faithfulness. Delight yourself also in the LORD and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD, trust also in Him and He shall bring it to pass. He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light and your justice as the noonday. Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for Him. Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way, because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass.

(Romans 12:2) Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will

(Isaiah 26:3) You will have perfect peace if you keep focused on Me.

(Isaiah 64:4) If you wait for Me, I will work on your behalf.

 (Psalms 18:2) The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you! Hope you do manage to post some while you are there as I would love to follow your journey. I will keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete